Make a Prompt is a simple web tool that allows you to poll an audience and collect data from their responses. Setup your prompt in three easy steps:
- Upload an image
- Write a prompt (i.e. finish the sentence, “Drag the red dot to…”)
- Give access to the link provided to your audience
The fourth step produces a link for you to access the results collected from your audiences responses. NOTE: Make sure you save both the link to the prompt and to the prompt responses as there is no way to retrieve them once you navigate away from the page.
Here is an example:
- Prompt: Drag the red dot to each state that you have visited (click the browser’s refresh button to submit multiple responses).
- Student link: http://activeprompt.herokuapp.com/SSKPV
- Responses link: http://activeprompt.herokuapp.com/TDZNR
- Embed the student URL into a Google Form question as a way to enhance your list of question types. Even better, you could embed the responses URL into a Google Form and ask students to analyze the data collected. Or, you could just embed a screenshot of the responses map into your form question using the insert image tool.
- Make a Prompt will work on an iOS device…sort of. Trying to grab the red dot from the top-left corner of the image is not as easy as you might think. Reverse-pinching the image to scale it larger before grabbing the red dot is recommended.