In August of 2015 Google Classroom added a ‘Create Question’ feature, allowing teachers to post a question to students. Students would then respond by adding a ‘Class Comment…’ in the Classroom Stream. Now, the Create Question can poll the student audience via a multiple choice question.
- From the Stream tab inside of Classroom, click the ‘Plus’ button in the bottom-right corner and choose ‘Create question’ from the list of choices.
- Enter your question and any additional instructions in the fields provided.
- Click the ‘Short answer’ text to access the Multiple choice option.
- Enter your option choices.
- Use the slide tool to the right to specify whether or not you would like students to have access to a class summary of the responses.
- Just like any other post you can add additional artifacts, copy the question to multiple classes, and ‘Ask’ right away or save your poll question as a draft.
For more information and 4 ways to use the new polling feature, please check out the Google for Education Blog.