Device and account security are both critical components to anyone who uses technology. The next few weeks will center around this topic with tips that will cover how to keep your Chromebook secure and up-to-date as well as how to make sure your account and private information are also safe.
Part 1: The Lock Screen
The lock screen will secure access to your device and the data within any of your open applications without having to shut your device down.
Option #1: Keyboard shortcut:
- Lock the screen at a moment’s notice
- Unlock your screen by entering your GSuite password
Option #2: Require password to wake from sleep:
- Lock the screen automatically when you close the Chromebook lid
- When lid is opened, you will be prompted to enter your GSuite password to continue
- To setup, go to Settings -> People -> Check of the box (see image below)
This security works best when you use a password that is strong (i.e. a mixture of capitals, numbers, and symbols) and that you do not share it with anyone else.