What is it?
- WeVideo supports two types of filming configurations: Webcam and Record Screen.
- Please note that the Record Screen is a premium feature and is available only on the Chrome Browser.
- To begin, start or open an existing project and from the editor window locate the red recorder icon.
How it works
- Use the Webcam tool if you want to capture content using your device’s built-in camera.
- In order to use the Webcam tool, you will need their free Chrome extension. Click the INSTALL button to begin this process, or you can use this link to pre-install it ahead of time.
- Authorize Chrome to add the “Video Recorder for WeVideo” extension:
- The first time you activate this option, you will need to give permission for WeVideo to access your camera and microphone.
- WeVideo will scan for available camera and microphone equipment and let you choose which you’d like to film with:
- When recording is complete, you will get a pop-up window where you can preview your recording.
- If you would like to re-record your footage, then select the RECORD NEW button in the bottom-left corner.
- If you would like to download the recording to your device’s hard drive as a .webm file, then select the DOWNLOAD button in the bottom-right corner.
- Otherwise, select SAVE to send your footage to the ‘My media’ folder of your project. Files stored here should be accessible across all of your different video project folders.
(Please note that the Record Screen is a premium feature and is available only on the Chrome Browser.)
- Use the Record Screen option if you want to capture something on the screen of your device.
- Once selected, you have two additional recording options:
- Record your entire screen: great if you will need all of your available work space.
- Record within a specific window: handy if you have another project going on in another window…or you don’t want your audience to see your messy Desktop.
- If you not done so already, you will need to give permission for WeVideo to access your camera and microphone.
- You can also control whether or not you would like your microphone on during recording. Keep this in mind if you want to capture any sounds produced by your device’s speakers during filming.
- If you have not already done so already, you will need to install the free Chrome extension.
- When recording is complete, your footage will be saved to the ‘My media’ folder of your project. Files stored here should be accessible across all of your different video project folders.
For more information, please refer to the WeVideo Support site and their Screen Recording article.