In my post from last week I talked about how to digitally breathe new life into the ‘About’ section through the use of the new Class settings tool. But, this tool contains additional settings that you might find useful.
How it works
- Class settings is the new place for your class description and the location (room number) of your classroom.
- Previously found under the STUDENTS tab, management and display of your class code can now be accessed here. The options to Display the code, Copy the code to include in an email or slide presentation, Reset your code and Disable the class code are all still available from this location.
- Previously located to the left of posts on the STREAM tab, the ability to set student commenting permissions on the STREAM tab is now located here.
- The Show deleted items toggle switch is now located here as well.
- Finally, from here you can turn on Guardian Summaries for a particular class. Once activated, this class will be included in any Guardian Summary communication for the students who are enrolled in that class.
- A link to what a sample guardian email summary might look is also provided.
For more information on this and other changes to Classroom, please visit the Google Classroom Support site.